Gunyah Country Estate
Select your stay dates to check availability at Gunyah Country Estate
Gunyah Country Estate
About the Hotel
Located in Windwhistle, Gunyah Country Estate is in the mountains, within a 10-minute drive of Washpen Falls and Rakaia Gorge. This 4-star bed & breakfast is 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from Hororata Golf Club and 20.2 mi (32.6 km) from Awa Awa Rata Reserve.
Make yourself at home in one of the 4 individually decorated guestrooms. Your room comes with a Tempur-Pedic bed. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have showers and hair dryers.
Take in the views from a terrace and a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access. This Edwardian bed & breakfast also features babysitting/childcare (surcharge), ski storage, and wedding services.
Grab a bite to eat at the bed & breakfast's restaurant, where you can take in the garden view and dine alfresco. Or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Free self parking is available onsite.
- Total number of rooms - 4
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Fireplace in lobby
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Ski storage
- Laundry facilities
- Television in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Multilingual staff
- Picnic area
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- Express check-in
- Free WiFi
- Year Built 1912
- RV, bus, truck parking
- One meeting room
- Free self parking
- Luggage storage
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Banquet hall
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free local calls
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Soundproofed rooms
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Shower only
- Free WiFi
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Tempur-Pedic mattress
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Number of bathrooms - 1
This property does not have a Qualmark® rating. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.
Know Before You Go
- This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Early check-in fee: NZD 50 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: NZD 50 (subject to availability)
- Housekeeping is available for an additional fee
- Crib (infant bed) fee: NZD 20.00 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: NZD 30.00
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per child: NZD 30.00 (up to 18 years old)
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: NZD 30.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: NZD 30.00 (up to 18 years old)
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- Resort fee
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.Show all hotel policy Show less hotel policy